Budding life and the wings of history
Number of days: 3 days
Length per day: 40 km
Price: 560 EUR
- Rock carvings and rune stones
- Medieval churches
- Simple, nice cycling in beautiful countryside
- Good, locally produced food
The following is included:
- 2 nights at Jädra Gårdshotel, share of double room
- 2 x hotel breakfast
- Cycle with 7 gears
- 2 x picnic lunches (days 2 and 3)
- 1 lunch (day 1)
- 1 dinner (day 2)
- 3 x mid-morning coffee/tea
- 3 x afternoon coffee/tea
- Map with route descriptions
- Discounted price for children
- Transport from/to Enköping railway station
- Single room supplement (price available at time of booking)
- Guided tour of Enköping
- Dinner at Jädra Gårdshotel
- Additional nights – the package can easily be extended by several days
- Excursion with rental car to Grönsöö castle with beautiful park facilities
- Excursion by rental car to bird lake Hjälstaviken
- Excursion by rental car to the stately Baroque castle Skokloster
Rustic tranquillity, colourful floral splendour and rich history greet as you cycle along the winding lanes around Enköping. The trip lets you experience medieval churches as well as ancient stone monuments and well-designed parkland.
Relax with three days’ easy cycling in the flat agricultural landscape around the small town of Enköping. The quiet lanes take you to tranquil areas of natural beauty, cosy cafes and lovely swimming opportunities. Beautiful and breathtaking views greet you wherever you look. Historic monuments from all periods are always present.
Both overnight stays of your tour are at Jädra Gårdshotell which makes packing for your day trips light and easy. Jädra Gårdshotell is situated a short and convenient cycle ride from Enköping.
The trip on the first day takes you to exciting runic stones with thousand-year old messages. There is also an opportunity for a walk in the beautiful landscape up on Äsåsen. Lunch is taken in the old manor house, Landsberga, which also has a cafe with a well-stocked farm shop. The afternoon is devoted to the church in Härkeberga with its evocative paintings by the distinguished 15th century painter Albertus Pictor. You can also visit several small, privately owned businesses such as a nursery and a dairy.
Cycling distance: approximately 40 km
Enköping is known for its beautiful parks. Some you visit this day. The tour takes you to the unique rock carvings of the Bronze Age in the nature area Hemsta pastures. Opportunity for a cooling bath is given at the shallow sandy beach in Bredsand. The day ends in Enköping with dinner at a nice restaurant.
Cycling distance: approximately 35 km
Cycling along winding country lanes you reach a Viking-era ford and the medieval kings’ coronation route, Eriksgatan. The medieval churches in Tillinge and Sparrsätra stand nestled in lush greenery and invite silent pause and reflection. You will also have the opportunity to visit a charming little farm shop with yarns of all kinds.
Cycling distance: approximately 25 km